Onondaga County Volunteer Firefighter's Association
STATE OF NEW YORK
STATE OF NEW YORK
OCVFA Membership Meeting
March 15, 2023 at FD
Social time starts at 7PM, Meeting starts at 7:30PM.
Zoom Meeting Info - visit the calendar and click event details.
The 9th Annual O.C.V.F.A. Rich Webster Memorial Scholarship Golf Tournament will be held on Sunday, June 4th, 2023 at the Pompey Club GC, 7200 Hamilton Road Pompey, NY 13138
Team Price - $400
Dinner only $40
Hole Sponsor Price 1 - $50 / 2-$75
Blessings of the Helmets at approx. 12:45PM
Shotgun Start - 1 pm
All proceeds support our Scholarship Program - Download scholarship guidelines.
For more information or to sign up contact:
Mike Block (315) 491-0497 (c) firstname.lastname@example.org
First, I would like to thank Wendy Czajak for her dedication to the Red Jacket Committee. She graciously stepped up to the plate, chaired this committee, and did a great job. Unfortunately for us, Wendy and Tom have chosen to move to Connecticut to be closer to their daughter’s family. Best wishes to the Czajak’s and this new chapter in their lives.
Fortunately, OCVFA has many talented individuals and Tina Cali has offered to be the new Chairperson for this very important committee. Obviously, this program wouldn’t be successful if not for the work of Gordy Kotars, Joanne Van Slyke, Wendy Czajak and the OCVFA Officers and Directors who help every step of the way.
Many OCVFA member departments are already very knowledgeable about the Red Jacket Program and have presented their deserving members with this distinguished award over the years.
How to submit your candidate:
1. Submit the name of your deserving candidate to Tina no later than two weeks prior to the date of the presentation.
2. The submissions must be from the Chief or President of your Department and must be on Department letterhead.
3. Criteria to receive the Red Jacket Award is determined by you. Examples that are acceptable include oldest member, longevity, special service above and beyond the normal course of duty or any other activity (ie: vehicle maintenance/community relations/fund raising) or any department related activity that you deem worthy.
4. The individual MUST be a member of your organization and your organization MUST be a member of OCVFA. The Red Jacket Award can be presented at any venue your department wishes, including membership meetings, banquets or other event. In the event that the recipient is unable to attend due to extreme circumstance, special arrangements can be made.
5. The Red Jacket Award CANNOT be given posthumously
6. Contact Tina Cali, Email: email@example.com / Cell: 315-427-8070 (Texting is acceptable)
It is best to email your submissions to Tina and please include a contact phone number.
The Public Education Safety Trailer will be available starting May 1, 2023. Check availability.
In 2022, the OCVFA Safety Trailer was out in the community 16 times sharing the safety message to over 2000 children and adults. Multiple departments and organization Pro-Activity included the trailer to share the importance of preplanning and practicing Escape Plans. Review the calendar for open dates to schedule the trailer for your events.
https://www.facebook.com/OnondagaCountyVFA" rel="noopener" target="_blank">FACEBOOK LINK
OCVFA presented a Proclamation of Merit to former Manlius Fire and EMS / Manlius Professional Firefighters IAFF L-3316 Lieutenant Chris Halliday, for his years organizing and hosting the Manlius Fire Department Junior Firefighter Boot Camp program.
The program began in 2011 and continues to inspire young adults to join Fire and EMS. Throughout the week, Junior Firefighters experience what it is like to be a Firefighter/EMT in a “Fire Academy” like atmosphere.
Junior Firefighters receive training from Firefighters, EMT’s and Paramedics in the areas of: History and Tradition of the Fire Service, Fire Prevention/Safety, CPR/First Aid, Fire Service Tools and Equipment, Fire Suppression, Search and Rescue, Vehicle Extrication Physical Fitness and much more
Once again, we at OCVFA congratulate LT. Halliday
Check out the Junior Bootcamp Video
Congratulations to Fire Safety Educator of the Year Award Recipient Richard M. Nemier of the Nedrow Volunteer Fire Department! Learn more about "Fireman Rick" - MORE INFO
Principal Financial Group (Mike Caron)
Retirement Planning, Life Insurance
Contact Mike Caron 1-800-457-3527
Copyright © 2013-2023 Onondaga County Volunteer Firemen's Association - P.O. Box 323, Solvay, NY 13209
All Rights Reserved. SmartWebsiteStudio.com